TagCoin is a Payment Token, created as a cryptocurrency, to support microtransaction solutions, as well as used as a micropayment itself. Tagcash is one of the first customers to use it, as a payment method for the various services within the Tagcash Wallet, for advertising within Tagwild, as a rewards currency, and also used as an advertising payment currency within VTC.com. Other partners will join in the near future.
SERVICES WHERE TAGCOIN IS USED
- Merchant Fees from user to merchant wallet is 2% of payment. Half of this can be paid using equivalent value in TagCoin.
- Used as payment method within Tag Learn application, offering 100,000 IT video tutorials from vtc.com at 1 TagCoin per video lesson.
- Rewards for user actions within the Tagcash Wallet
- Payment by merchants for each Bill Payment made in Tagcash Wallet
- Creation of own currency or adding of external cryptocurrency into Tagcash
- Coupon Redemption fees in Loyalty Section of Tagcash .
- Loyalty Stamp payment in Tagcash.
- Creation of Red Envelopes in Loyalty Section.
- 50% discount on trading fees for tokenized equity crowdfunding.
- 50% discount on trading fees for cryptocurrency exchange.
- Posting fee on Peer to Peer Lending (anti spam).
- Advertising, rewards and prize options in TagWild gamified loyalty app.
Since Tagcash integrates its wallet with the Stellar Blockchain, TagCoin was created as a cryptocurrency within Stellar, but interchangeable with TagCoin in the Tagcash Wallet. While in the Wallet, TagCoin can be sent to anyone in Tagcash or alternatively to Stellar wallets with no transaction fees. Within Stellar, TagCoin can be sent with a tiny transaction fee, and can also be traded via various decentralized exchanges for fiat or other cryptocurrencies.
The asset ID of TagCoin on Stellar is GDF75JL7X2XEQL5K743XKNU74CHGAVMZP666BANSC67IHFMAHTC6TEVP.
10 Billion coins were issued with no possibility of reissuance, at an initial value of 1 US cent equivalent. The Tokens are available for sale within Tagcash Wallet, or within the Stellar decentralized exchange. Approximately 1 Billion TagCoin are in circulation, with 9 Billion held by Tagcash. Any company can use TagCoin, using the open REST API within Tagcash (developer.tagcash.com), for rewards, for advertising payments (per view, per action etc), or as a micropayment method where the amounts do not make sense using conventional payment methods.
SOME HISTORY - TagCoin was originally created in 2013 as a PoW/PoS clone of Novacoin, which itself was a clone of Peercoin. Users of the old currency can burn their currency, and receive 10 new Stellar TagCoin for every 1 old TagCoin, via the Tagcash Wallet.
Chat to us via our chat box if you would like to learn more.
Tagcash is a digital wallet developer and platform, building blockchain solutions on Distributed Ledger Technology. Tagcash is regulated by the central bank of the Philippines (BSP), and is authorised as an Electronic Money Issuer (EMI) - https://tagcash.com/emi.pdf